A very touching song by Mark Harris. Enjoy!!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday, I go to church

Today is Sunday and of course I went to church.
As I sit in my seat, usually on one of the back rows, listening to the message for the week, I am always intrigued by this wall. The wall reaches up and up and as you can see at the top is a large stained glass. The wall is powerful. And Pastor Bo who's no small man seems that way in comparison. Many times his message can be as strong as this organized stack of rocks.


The rocks in this wall and the wall itself make me think of various things. Sometimes I think on the representation of strength. It can also make me ponder little things in life fit together. The time it must have taken to construct it, what do the workers talk about or did one person work alone with their thoughts. The wall really draws me in and always seems to make me feel good. (Does that sound weird?)

At the top of the wall is an amazing window. It's a blending of Christian symbols. Some of the pieces seem so intricate and sometimes not really right in my eye. I love it none the less, and I guess that's because it is the "symbol" that says MY CHURCH. My church is a place I love to go. And that's what I do on Sunday, I go to church. And sometimes I go on other days too! ; )

2 comments:

  1. That was really powerful...what you wrote about your church and the rock wall. Great blogging...I need to take lessons from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. What a wonderful post today. That is an awesome wall and so was what you wrote!

    ReplyDelete