A very touching song by Mark Harris. Enjoy!!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Real Simple


I love this magazine!!
I love the photos.
I really love the "new uses for old things".
Today I took it with me to the gym to read while I was on the treadmill. (Yes, it was a lazy, takin' it easy kinda uphill walk today as I've been sickly for about 10 days or so and haven't felt like the gym at all. I am ok with it! ; ) The gym will not be a yoke of guilt for me. )
So anyway, I was walking and reading and walking and reading...
I found an article that has lightened the weight of one of my guilt yokes!!
It's a story about a girl who has ALL of her life loved to sleep -- sometimes 12 or 15 hours at a time! THAT's ME!!! Not me in the article, but me in the sense that I also love to sleep. I totally enjoy a nap almost anytime. And to sleep-in uninterrupted until I feel like waking up is a priceless treasure to me! Just like the girl in the article, there is no depression or illness, just a pure love of sleep.
And you might say, "how wasteful of your time", I just don't see it that way. My social calendar is not such that I am missing out on anything. Also I don't neglect any other responsibilities when I want to nap or sleep in. So I say (as Nike would say) to anyone who loves some sleep "JUST DO IT"! Of course not when you are operating a motor vehicle or heavy machinery!! roflmao
There are also always GOOD recipes in this magazine! Although I do not love to cook!

1 comment:

  1. I love that magazine...I love the gym...and I love your post today!! I am a firm believer that we (as a whole) do not sleep enough. If 10-12 hours is what makes you feel good, then go for it! Good rest is every bit as important as exercise.

    I haven't looked at Real Simple in a few months...thanks for reminding me of it!

    ReplyDelete