A very touching song by Mark Harris. Enjoy!!

Monday, January 19, 2009

Before and After

This is, I mean, WAS our den wall. A wall of many memories, mostly our time in Alaska. Photos of us with great big salmon, and a tiny halibut, pix of the girls boating and biking, some wildlife. Just awesome stuff, in my heart anyway. Not necessarily in the eyes of others.

LOL

Anyway, while we were in Williamsburg yesterday I had my mom go out with me to pick a paint color. After much discussion and consideration Mike & I had decided it was time for something fresh. So my mom, who is very good at the whole "decor" thing helped.
I do love the color and the fresh look, but I miss my photos. *sigh*
But here's the new den wall... I'm hoping it will get mom's seal of approval! ; )

2 comments:

  1. Well, the new wall looks great! Maybe you can find some way to incorporate the photos in another way?

    So, you're a swimmer? I can't swim a lick....well, I can dog paddle a little bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new wall and the color looks awesome!! It's funny - I had to go back and look at the first ones once I saw the new wall cuz I didn't even see the mantle in the before pics - hehe!! I know all too well how hard it is to not have the photos up - I went thru the same thing - but I too am finding I like the "clean" look a bit better - at least it's less dusting - rofl!!! Very nice job!!!

    ReplyDelete