A very touching song by Mark Harris. Enjoy!!

Friday, February 6, 2009

A short story in photos

It was a relatively bad day at work. I don't know if it's a full moon or people are just stressing over the economy and lack of world peace. It was brutal!

I did end my work day at 3pm, of course it was 5 o'clock somewhere! ;) DD#2 had remained after school, which is where I work, to serve a 30 minute detention for chewing gum, so she was along for the ride home. However, being that she will be 16 on Monday and has her learner's permit, I said, "Hey, how about you drive?" and she agreed.

We had to run by Food Lion for some dinner items and this and that. Chips, soda, snack foods -- see the girls are having a sleepover as they do most weekends. Which is really fine with me, having them here with their friends means I'm aware of what's up! ;)

I hurried thru the store knowing that the sun was shining and daylight was ticking away. We were home and had groceries put away by 3:40. Work/school is less than 2 miles from our house and Food Lion is less than a mile. Lucky me!!

(I have to say that since we lost Oliver last week this afternoon is the first time that I felt some sort of peace and happiness. I think it might be that we brought him "home" yesterday. Whatever it is, it's nice.)

So I thought let me grab the camera and go sit on the back deck, hoping I might catch a good bird photo for my 365. My backyard, aka my little piece of heaven on earth, is usually speckled with a wide variety of birds. I sat down, took off my shoes and realized, ooops, I need to get those towels in off the line. When I came back to the house for the laundry basket I grabbed a COLD BEER (which was in the Food Lion purchase).
The cold grass was so refreshing on my bare feet. And the sun was peeking thru the trees almost blinding me at times. It made me smile. Then I took a wiff of those towels!!! I love sheets and towels dried on the line.

I brought those in and went back to sit, waiting patiently for the birds. It might be a good idea for me to fill the feeders!! I was waiting and waiting.

Before long I heard this "meow" -- it was Sassy, our indoor cat. She had realized I was home and thought she might be able to guilt me in to feeding her early! NOT!! ;) She's a fat cat.

As I looked over at her, I realized she would make a good photo for my 365. The indoor cat, being photographed on the inside from the outside.

And in the process I knocked my beer over, luckily it was almost empty so there wasn't really any thing spilled or wasted.

And again I thought "WOW, the photo opportunities are just endless. That is a new pair of shoes, so I was totally happy that they didn't get beer on them. (Shoes are one of my least favorite things in the world, but these were new and I did kinda like them -- I love flipflops or barefeet!! And I hate to waste beer.)
I was really enjoying this quiet time, with the crisp air and a cold beer, then what do you think happened??
Along came a birdie!!
The day didn't seem so brutal anymore!!

2 comments:

  1. What a great story...I felt like I was there with you. Love the photos! Made me kind of want a cold beer, too. ;)

    Thanks so much for my birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just a wonderful story. I enjoy your blog so much...it makes me wish you lived near by, you would be great to talk to!

    ReplyDelete