A very touching song by Mark Harris. Enjoy!!

Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Nanny?

Did you ever have a Nanny? I don't mean nanny in the sense of the fancy live in babysitter, I mean Nanny, like MeeMaw, MawMaw, Grams, Granny, Gramma, GG, whatever term of endearment you may have used.

I loved my Nanny beyond measure! She was Lena Elizabeth Crank according to her drivers license, her taxes and probably her church's directory. To me she was my Great-grandma and she was really GREAT!!

My photo of the day is of Nanny. I came across it yesterday at my grandad's house. The photo was taken in 1984. She passed away in 1990.

She was the kind of grandma that every child should have at least one of. I used to love to go spend the night with her, go to church with her, go to K & W Cafeteria to eat with her. She had one of those old cars where the dash board was still metal and there was no shoulder strap, just a lap belt. But she made me sure I was buckled. Her washing machine had the 2 rollers that would squeeze the water out -- no spin cycle. She cooked from scratch, no recipe book required, most times there wasn't even need for a can opener -- and it was ALL incredible! Every night she taped a curl to each side of her head just in front of the each ear, and wore a scarf to protect her "style". Bedtime prayers were at the side of the bed on your knees and could take a while!

Oh the memories! : )

Let me introduce you to my Nanny...

3 comments:

  1. I had a Nana who basically raised me when I was very young. She did a lot of the same things that your Nanny did. Thanks for sharing her story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story! Mine is Granny. She will be 77 next week. Still one of my favorite people ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Teresa, I just wanted to thank you for pointing out the dead links at blogatech. They have been fixed and thanks again.

    I had no Nanny, but my Mother was a great MeMaw to many grandkids.

    ReplyDelete