A very touching song by Mark Harris. Enjoy!!

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What's for dinner?

Somedays that question can push me right over the edge!!! 
I live with 3 picky eaters, so the menu at our house is limited.  Sure, I can make more interesting things for myself, and on occasion I do, but it's just not the same.

Anyway, tonite when Mike asked, "What's for dinner?" I wanted to pull my hair out, but it's not quite long enough to get a good grip!  ; )  

We ordered one of our favs ... LUCKY CHINESE


My fortune for today is  "You are heading in the right direction."

Now for my little bit of sharing on the fortune cookie.  According to Wikipedia the cookie is made from flour, sugar, vanilla, and oil.  It is served as dessert in Chinese restaurants in the US.  The fortune is the piece of paper inside that contains words of faux wisdom or an ambiguous prophecy.

I found a site that I think is worth a chuckle now and again.  It's a cyber cookie, that will give you a daily fortune without any calories.

I also found a movie called "The Fortune Cookie".  It dates back to 1966 and stars Walter Mathau and Jack Lemmon.  I'm going to try and find it -- I think it would be a great rainy day movie.

1 comment:

  1. I'm always ready for a Chinese food kind of night! Your blog is really wonderful, Teresa...and thanks for your kind comments on mine!

    ReplyDelete